Monday, November 25, 2013

The WVF Guide to Black Friday 2013


This page will update as information comes in.
This is the first year that I'm not working Black Friday. Having worked Black Friday in retail for a few years, you might imagine that I'm looking forward to staying in my warm bed with my new Kate Spade bed set but surprisingly no, I'm pumped to go Black Friday shopping this year. Since I've already done most of my Christmas shopping (new Bean Boots for Dad, Blenko for Mom) I've got a bit more to spend on myself this time of year.

This is also my first time shopping on Black Friday that doesn't involve me stopping by Lowe's for a few additions for my tool box. I've seen all the TV news stories and newspaper articles about having a plan for shopping. Take a list so you don't overspend. Carry cards instead of cash, no, wait, use cash so you don't overspend! So on and so forth. I am planning out what stores I want to go to, though, and what order I should visit them in. Making a list? Eh, I don't know. Probably, maybe I should, but when I go shopping I find it easier to make a list of what I already have so I don't buy duplicates.

Here are some helpful links that I've found:
SavvySugar  |  Interested in beauty products? SavvySugar has a list of beauty brands and their sales.
SaavySugar  |  A list of helpful phone apps to see if you're getting a good deal or where a certain item is located in a store.
BlackFriday.com  |  A listing of stores and their sales.
Bfads.net  |  A listing of ad scans for stores.
Musings of a Muse  |  Info on Sephora's Black Friday deals. I think I may be hitting here first.
Huffington Post  |  Everything--and they mean everything--is 50% at Old Navy Black Friday.

West Virginia Mall Hours:
Huntington Mall: Open 12 AM-10 PM.
Charleston Town Center: Open 12 AM-10 PM.
Crossroads Mall (Vienna/Parkersburg): 12 AM-10 PM.
Grand Central Mall (Beckley): 12 AM-10 PM.
Morgantown Mall: 12 AM-9 PM.
Ohio Valley Mall (St. Clairesville, OH/Wheeling): 12 AM-10 PM.
Meadowbrook Mall (Bridgeport): 12 AM-10 PM.
Martinsburg Mall: 8 PM Thanksgiving day-9 PM


If you know of any West Virginia stores having Black Friday specials or their hours, please feel free to let me know! Email wvfashionologist@gmail.com or on Twitter @wvfashion